Tuesday, May 5, 2009

All About Gettin That Cash?? (HELLS NO!!!!)

What up ya'll!!! Ok so I did this little unknown artist showcase thing about a week ago and the DJ said something that is not only a cliche in hip hop but an ignorant cliche about all artist in general, he said, and I quote, "It's all about the money, don't fool yourself that's why you rappin". Now how do you feel about that? Think to yourself for a second and let me explain why that is complete and utter bullshit to a real artist (NOTE I SAID REAL ARTIST NOT MORONS!). Being an entertainer is quite possibly the most difficult occupation in the world, it's hard to make money at all majority of the time and the people you see making money have been at it for quite some time in most cases though there are some exceptions and lucky fools (the Soulja Boys of the world come to mind when I say that). A Lot of aspring artist die broke, A LOT and it happens all the time, we only see the few success stories but there are and will always be millions that will never make it, even the wack dudes (the Lil Waynes and T.I.s of the world come to mind) have to work at least a little or at least pay someone to do that work for them. I'll be honest with ya'll, I haven't made a dime since I started pursing my dream despite hard work, and if I didn't love this art form and if I didn't want to live my life being creative and rocking stages and mics galore then I would have just stayed in school, got a degree and became a doctor or something, because trust me they make more than a lot of these entertainers and their lives are much easier (though being a doctor is difficult in it's own way). You want fast money, get a job and be a workhorse, you'll be manager in no time (trust, I've done it) but don't pursue a career in an artform if you have no passion for it, this is how we get to where music is now, with wack dudes ruling the art (disagree if you wish, that's my opinion). Yeah I'd love to make money doing this but only because I want to live my life spreading the message in my music, being creative all day, everyday, money is the last thing on my plate when it comes to my music and it always will be, so to all you dumb ass I ONLY WANT THE MONEY DUDES AND GIRLS, PLEASE GO BE A WALL STREET PERSON OR KILL YOURSELVES! Thank you very much.

The M.E.T.A Knight Coming LATE THIS MONTH youtube.com/LoneWolfOTR myspace.com/lonewolfzenryoku

Love Ya'll, Love Art
Peace and Remember, For Those With Wings Fly To Your Dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment